Monday 1 November 2010

Bathroom Pondering

I was just having my shower, when it occurred to me that Christmas is fast approaching. Only 55 days to go! I was thinking of the gifts I would have to get for all my family and friends, some of which aren't in the same state as me anymore. Some are difficult to buy for, while others are really easy.
My brother, for instance, doesn't care much what I get him. I asked him what he would like, a game? some hardware? or money? He doesn't know what he wants. I will probably end up getting him a gift card to Sanity (other audio/visual shops are available) or the local hardware store. Or a book about cars.
My mind wandered to the people around me, and then I remembered the nice Samaritan that helped me get home several months back. One of her sons was interested in a train game, so that is one gift I can give.

I will document from beginning to end how I create the models, textures, gameworld and programming. The first three are easy, the hardest is getting it all together and programming it with no errors. I will use Unity for that because I have had the most positive experience with it as a game engine. It will still be very hard, but worthwhile as a learning exercise.

More to come!

No comments: