Monday 1 November 2010

Bioshock Day 1

This is my written journal, word for word. Also anything in italics is an explanation if I think something needs more.

I am setting a limit to how long I will play. An hour seems sufficient, but I am unsure. I will use the kitchen timer.
I checked the options and I can't change the difficulty for some reason. It is on medium. I don't know how I will go. I found out why. I clicked on the New Game and it asked me to choose Easy, Medium or Hard.

Cut Scene

I got to control my player when he surfaced. It was very nice cinematics.

Inside the submersible

I can't move, during the descent, only look. The music is awesome, as is the underwater city. Though it could be better now. It was released in 2007. I saw a whale and a worker of some sort. And ads like the 60s and the lights of Vegas/New York.

I was met by someone but he was viciously murdered by some god-awful creature, which then attacked my vessel. It went away, I was directed by Atlas, someone on the radio, to seek higher ground. I don't know what for, since I'm under water. I shall be very careful, since I don't know what else may be lurking in the darkness of this underwater marvel. I encountered a Vita Chamber. Apparently it revives you if you've been injured or killed.

I don't want to experience that at all!

It looks like I'm in a station. Like the Grand Central Station in New York City. However, everything is in a disarray, and all the flights or trains have been cancelled. I wonder what happened. I don't feel very safe. I can still hear the creature, murmuring in the shadows. I don't have anything to defend myself with. It has hooks for hands, while I merely have hands. Here is a picture, as far as i can make out.

Picture of curved hooks
Description next to the picture. It was dark, but they glowed, like red hot embers.

I saw the 'Splicer', as Atlas calls it, the fiendish thing went for me. But Atlas had a contraption that chased it away. It was in the station area and I soon found a weapon of sorts. A wrench from a construction site. Abandoned for some reason. I still don't like my chances. The Splicer eviscerated the poor fellow from before.

Nearby there was debris blocking my way. I smashed it and on the other side a stair case with a burning table was pushed down. I heard noises of a battle. It was some kind of Splicer. Not the one from before. Less dangerous, but still formidable. A quick bashing soon sorted it out. I was slightly hurt and a bit shaken. I then heard a child, but am not sure from whence the voice came. I searched its body. It had some sort of first aid, and an 'EVE', whatever that is.

Nearby there is a door, which I daren't open for fear of flooding the chambers I am in. There are windows beside it and I can see the great expanse of ocean. I'm not sure how much has collapsed or been broken. I don't want to find out.

I saw an ad for 'Plasmids'. I'm not sure what they are either. I heard the child again. It seems it is an ad like on the radio.

I just woke up from an injection of Plasmids. Very painful. It seems it changes my genetic code some how, as Mister Atlas puts it. While I was semi-conscious I was visited by two more of the Splicers, who soon fled because of a 'Daddy'. I wasn't sure I heard right. I blacked out again, but then saw what must of been the Daddy. I cannot fathom what it is, but it was accompanied by a girl child, which I did not like the look or sound of. They went away though. Thank God! When I was fully recovered, or as much as I could, I discovered I could shoot electricity from my hands. A useful thing in a dangerous city like this.
Against my better judgement I used my new found power on the door I had passed. The controls where sparking before I got very close.

Holy Crap!

As soon as I got through the door the plane wreckage smashed into the glass!!! walk way. I had to rush to the next door to avoid drowning. I was right to be cautious.
Another one of the creatures. Atlas advises to zap then punch. I hope I can do it without dying!
I did it! But it tired me out greatly. I found a blue liquid which I hope will revive me somewhat.
Several more attacked me, one was on fire. I heard shouting before him. Looks like he came from a lift, which is now on fire, no doubt because of an engineering error. I still hear the unseen man. Atlas pleaded with me to help him escape this hell hole with his family. I can't say I blame him.

I went on the elevator and it took me past the Splicer I had heard, but then I heard a woman I think. I have to take care not to assume. It was a woman. A crazed one at that. It was then, that Atlas told me of the Plasmids' affects on the population and the descent of the cities denizen into madness and chaos.
I went forwards to a bar like room. Music was playing, but I heard a couple arguing. Not to be too heartless, I used the gun I found to put the bloke out of his misery. I came to a rest room. The mens, I think, has a hole in the wall. The other had a ghost like apparition of a women. I found some liquor in a toilet stall and some more first aid stuff. A Splicer surprised me. He was in a stall that I didn't look in. Now I have no more ammo for the gun. I found an account of a man. I can't remember what he said though.

This is where I finished the hour of play. There is quiet a few errors in grammar and spelling in my account, as well as in my written journal (much more in fact in the journal).

No comments: