Monday 8 August 2011

Back into Gardening

Starting from the end of last month I've been slowly getting back into gardening. My first trial however was today while I was cleaning pots. Horror of horrors I found lots of tiny slugs :(
So onto the web to check out how to dispose of them without harming other plants and animals. Turns out there is a few things that can get rid of them.

Beer ...

Apparently left out at night in a little thin bowl thingy. I don't think I'll need to test that just right now.

Salt!

This worked a treat. However I should have brought the pot undercover so I won't get any on the grass, but meh. It's super effective (spot the reference)! But only works on the ones that you can see and get to. So I'll have to look for additional help.

Also I found two worms in the same pot, so I hurried them along before I exterminated the slugs. Now I want to make/get/construct a worm farm.

No comments: